All Students Return to School on Monday 6 September
We are looking forward to welcoming all students and staff back to school on Monday 6 September and hope that you have all had an enjoyable summer. Please read these important updates and share with your child before they return to school.
Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Updated Guidance
Following the Government’s move to Step 4 and the publication of the DfE Schools Covid Guidance, we have updated our Risk Assessment to ensure that we adopt all recommended safety measures, whilst ensuring we are offering a broad and balanced curriculum to our students with opportunities for educational and personal development.
In summary, unless our local Public Health colleagues inform us of a local outbreak, the following applies:
- Students and staff are not required to wear a face mask whilst in the academy unless they choose to do so
- Students are not required to remain in single class or year group bubbles
- We recommend that students and staff to avoid close contact with others where possible
- We recommend that students and staff to continue to regularly wash their hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser when this is not possible
- We recommend that students and staff maintain good hygiene, coughing and sneezing into a tissue and covering their mouth
- Students or staff that are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 must not come into the academy and arrange a PCR test and self-isolate, following public health advice
- We recommend and strongly encourage all students and staff to carry out twice weekly LFD tests
- Test results should be logged here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result and with the academy here: OARE Covid-19 Home Testing Results
- All contact tracing of positive cases is now the responsibility of Test and Trace, not the academy
- Children under 18 and double vaccinated adults are no longer required to self isolate if identified as close contacts
We continue to follow Department for Education guidance to ensure we are minimising risk for students and staff. Parents and students will be informed of any changes as the term progresses.
Academy Risk Assessment - Covid-19